Search data is the holy grail of internet marketing campaigns. But no one really knows for certain all about its behavior and characteristics. Even most of the employees at the search engine giant Google don’t know all the truths regarding search data. What some of us do know, are the myths and misconceptions regarding search data.
Below are a few common misconceptions regarding search data.
- Google knows all. Though Google is the godfather when it comes to search engines, they still don’t own all the search data. Google is just one of the many search engines people use in a worldwide basis. And each different search engine uses different techniques in harvesting data. And the behavior of search data still confounds many experts in the search engine business. It will still take a long time for search engines have perfect intelligence.
- All search data is data from search engines. Nope. People should understand this. Search data does not mean data from search engines. By definition, it is the data from a user’s search action. This means that search queries done on company websites, or any other website on the internet are still search data. And when you think about how users still spend almost 80 percent of their time outside of search engines, you can imagine the amount of search data not owned by search engines. Internal search data is an important aspect when you talk about search data.
- All search data is the same. Again, this is untrue. Different people value different search data differently. Internet marketers know this and successful internet marketers know the values of these search data for their clients. This is why search marketers exist. Because not all people are able to comprehend the values and worth of different search datas.
- Search data is insignificant. Just because there is more contextual data than search data does not mean that it is of less importance. It’s just that not all people are able to find and harvest it. Search data can make or break a business because businesses exist to serve their customer. Smart companies that know where and how to harvest search data will ultimately have an edge against any and all of their competitors.
- Search data is only for search engine marketing and search retargeting. Search data is your customers’ calling card. They are not only used for search engine marketing and search retargeting efforts. Proper understanding of your customers’ search data will not only improve your rankings in search engines but also in the minds of your customers. It all boils down to your customers and search data can help you with that. Consider past search data points when giving service to your customers on your site. There are different types of search data that can be used for different purposes.
Search data is a woman. It is complicated and impulsive. But try to understand her, and she will give to you your deepest desires. What is true is that you give an effort to comprehend search data, this will lead to success.